Educational Tag: Too Much Information




(The Lake Escape vacation house in Lake Arrowhead hosted by Mary and Robin Leggewie)




Denise has tagged me with the Educational Tag!



1. What is your school's name and why?



I have pondered the subject a time or two, but just always use our homeschool group’s name when registering for a teacher or student ID.



2. How is your weather today?



Hot and humid…AGAIN! It has been about 103°F, but with the humidity, we have been averaging the “feels like” temperatures of about 10° hotter. Okay so I am not a true Southern Bell “e” or I would tolerate humidity much better.



3. What steals your joy?



  • * When I allow my eyes to get on my circumstances instead of Christ.

  • * When anger is expressed in ungodly ways, whether towards my family and me or from one of us.

  • * When my children are exposed to ungodliness in this world, because others do not respect our pursuit of happiness by curbing their own behaviors in our presence. I treasure the sanctuary of home, a place to retreat from the evils in the world.

4. Name 5 blessings you received this week.

  1. My friend Gina’s mom came home from the hospital and I rejoice with Gina in this.

  2. I got the Precepts for Children free sample E-Book up online for distribution.

  3. The Lord has provided money for our move.

  4. Watching each of my children do something they enjoy, trying to see it through their eyes. Watching my parents invest themselves into that time and love my children as much as I do.

  5. Sweet fellowship with my sisters in Christ.


5. Favorite Scripture passage.


Since you asked for a passage and not a verse, I will choose this from Romans:
Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED." But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

6. Who in the Bible do you think you are most like.


Yikes, can I be a mixture?



Like Denise, I am part Abigail (I do not like anger or unrighteousness and try to use wisdom to deal). I am also part Martha (I can allow myself to be focused on circumstances and stress out about all that needs to be done) and part Mary (sometimes I choose the good thing and fall at the feet of Jesus to receive all He has for me).



Above all, I find myself to be most like the woman in Luke chapter 7 verses 37-50. When the Lord revealed to me WHO I truly am apart from Him, I realized I am that sinner woman. I am a sinner only saved by His grace. That woman’s deep love for Jesus just moves me.


Long hair was her crowning beauty and she took that crown and cast it down to the feet of Jesus, wiping His feet. Her tears poured as she met Mercy, Love, and Grace in person. She kissed his feet in utter humility knowing she was not worthy to kiss his face. She anointed Him! Who else before His death recognized Him as Prophet, Priest, and King and anointed Him? (No I have not heard a sermon taught like this…just my own thoughts when I reflect on that passage).



7. The passage of scripture you read last was:


Umm, I just reread Luke 7 to share my thoughts on the woman in the paragraph above.



8. Have you ever praised God for something weird?


I praised God recently when one of my children told a lie.



SHOCKED? Well, Levi has autism. Characteristics of autistic children tend to be they are so truthful and blunt, because they struggle with empathy and they tend to have issues with thinking out consequences. Well, Levi outright lied to me and knew what he was doing was wrong. When I asked him if it was the truth, he started telling me the disciplines he did not want to receive for stating such and such so he could do this and that. I had tears in my eyes. I knew right then that every time I think Levi has some limit, God proves to me that Levi continues to surpass the prognosis of the doctors by leaps and bounds. I realize that the words God spoke to me concerning Levi while I was pregnant, that I could not see as possible because of his autism, become more possible with each passing day. Nothing is impossible with God! If Levi can now lie to get what he wants or protect himself from consequences, then his brain is working on a level to understand the grace and mercies of God! How GREAT is our God! Thank you Jesus!!!



9. If you were making a greeting card for God, what would you say?


My tears would cover and smudge all the writing. It would be sopping wet. Moreover, God could read the words of my tears in a way I could never express myself in words for the utter gratefulness I feel for His mercy and grace toward me, the sinner woman.



10. What is the best miracle God has performed in your life, or what is your favorite answered prayer?


  • * Showing me how much I underestimate what He can and will do in the lives of my children.

11. What is the most fun thing you have done lately?


I flew my kids and I to Southern California, we visited Lake Arrowhead for a week (we stayed at a house called the Lake Escape, where homeschooling or ministry families get a discount and the hosts are the loveliest people), that was wonderful.

12. How did you choose your screen name?

What screen name? Was I supposed to change my real name to a stage name??? :)

I am to tag 4 other people. For once I am NOT being a brat. While I have over 200 families in my homeschool group, I don't know if any of them blog, they never mention it. I only know one other blogging homeschooling mom besides Denise...so...Dana you are it!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating! Those were wonderful answers!! I see a few I could add to mine from yours too. I loved your view of the crowning glory of hair thrown at Jesus' feet. That would be a nice Advent selection to ponder :)

    Have a wonderful evening..
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in tears of understanding while reading this. You can always tell when you hear someone that has gone through the refining fire and has LET the Lord change them for His glory. I am putting you on as a new friend. I hope you will want to get to know me too. You said everything so beautifully and with such heart.

    God Bless You
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Denise and Mary!

    Yes, I would enjoy getting to know another friend Mary. God is good to give us a way to network with sisters seeking His glory.

    I am really sleepy, so I should not say much more lest tomorrow I have to "splain Lucy" what I said!

    Blessings to both of you and thanks for surfing by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be removed if offensive. Thank you for visiting and have a blessed day!